Whenever I travel I’m all about packing light. Whether I’m out for the day or away for two weeks I scrutinise everything going into my bag(s) – what is its purpose, when and how will it be used while I’m away, how necessary is it really? My goal is always to take only what I’ll need…and if it’s travel size and takes up less space? Even better!
It’s no surprise then that when I saw Tata Harper’s Daily Essentials kit I snapped it up to take with me on my trip home. Unlike other sets which contain bits and pieces of my usual skincare regime this one ticks all the boxes with the added bonuses of being 100% natural – a side of the beauty and skincare industry I’m increasingly fascinated with – and available in teensy, tiny, travel-ready bottles!
Introducing: Tata Harper
Tata Harper skincare is 100% natural and non-toxic and grown on a 1,200 acre farm in the heart of Champlain Valley, Vermont, USA. Unlike most of the rest of the beauty industry they manufacture in small batches to ensure products are as fresh as possible, with all processes being led by Tata herself (I love it when there’s a real person behind the name – it gives a brand credibility and makes it more interesting!)
From Tata (and her website):
My founding mission was to give the skincare industry a fresh start with highly effective and luxurious beauty products that are completely free of synthetic ingredients. I believe people deserve beauty products that deliver the results they want, without synthetic chemicals of concern. As a company we seek to challenge the assumption that ‘natural’ means less effective. I’m passionate about promoting a modern, health-conscious natural beauty lifestyle that’s committed to safety, honesty and sustainability.
An amazing ethos!
So, now that I’ve converted you all to natural beauty lovers and savvy packers (not yet? Give me time…) I’m sure you’re all dying to know: What’s in the box!?*
* If you don’t understand this reference you need to go and research it and watch the movie** and then come back.
** Blonde In Grey is not responsible for any sleep lost tonight.
- Regenerating Cleanser – a daily exfoliating & clarifying treatment to get your skin squeaky clean and primed
- Resurfacing Mask – a weekly mask for when you need a bit of extra glow
- Hydrating Floral Essence – an essence and moisture boosting toner in one – gotta love a product that effortlessly multitasks!
- Rejuvenating Serum – your new age-defying superhero
- Repairative Moisturiser – silky, smooth – your skin’s new best friend!
- Restorative Eye Crème – another superhero – this time for your eyes
- Replenishing Nutrient Complex – a face oil for all skin types packed with multivitamins
The How To:
- Regenerating Cleanser: Massage on to dry skin then rinse with warm water (AM & PM)
- Resurfacing Mask: Apply 1-2x per week to dry face, neck and chest (how low you go is up to you, daredevil!) Leave for 15-30 mins then rinse with warm water
- Hydrating Floral Essence: Spritz all over face and neck after cleansing (AM & PM)
- Rejuvenating Serum: Massage on to skin after Floral Essence (AM & PM)
- Repairative Moisturiser: Massage on to skin after Rejuvenating Serum (AM & PM)
- Restorative Eye Crème: Using ring finger pat around the eye area (AM & PM)
- Replenishing Nutrient Complex: Massage on to skin as final step (AM & PM)
Yes, this looks like a lot but it’s actual quite straightforward and you’ll have the steps memorised in no time. (Or you can do what I did and line them up in the correct order in the medicine cabinet to take the guesswork out of it.) I know there are people out there who can’t fathom spending more than a couple of minutes on skincare morning and night (and some who *gasp* go to bed without even taking their makeup off!) but I promise you it’s worth the time investment. It’s a chance to take some quiet time to wake-up/unwind and the long-term benefits are massive – for your skin and your mental well-being!
The packaging it gorgeous, the size is right and the products are amazing. They aren’t overly fragrant, they absorb quickly without leaving any greasy residue and they leave your skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
My hero product was, without a doubt, the Hydrating Mist. It was like wafting myself with the essence of a refreshing spring rainfall. It felt great, smelled great and made me look great. Ideal!
The only drawbacks? The eye cream is actually only good for one use (easily fixed though by bringing another eye cream), the roller ball on the Replenishing Nutrient Complex make it difficult to apply (I’m guessing the roller ball was chosen to help prevent spills while in transit so can’t really fault them for it) and if you forget the directions (like me) you may end up using the Resurfacing Mask wrong (like me).
Ultimately, a set like this is a great way to ease your way into a new line or product as it gives you an opportunity to sample a bit of everything. Though you could certainly get samples of them all from the beauty counter they won’t be large enough to allow you to use the products over an extended period of time – the only true way to test how a product reacts to and impacts your skin.
Tata Harper – you exceeded my expectations and have earned a place on my Top Shelf!