The dictionary defines a ‘Bucket List’ as ‘a list of the things that a person would like to do or achieve before they die’….
…It risks feeling a bit morbid with the ‘D’ word out there in bright, flashing colours though, doesn’t it? To up the fun, aspiration of it all I think I’ll refer to it instead as ‘a list of the things a person would like to do or achieve’ – I’m sure the official dictionarians won’t mind.
I only recently started actually writing down the things I’d like to see and do but as they’ve been rattling around my head for ages it’s nice to get them in writing and it’s interesting to see what makes the list when I sit down and really think things through. Though I’m sure it will expand and change greatly over time I thought it would be fun to capture what’s topping my Bucket List right at this moment.
So, in no particular order, I hope to do or achieve the following:
- See a Great White Shark underwater (from the safety of an impenetrable cage, of course!)
- Trek to Everest Base Camp (that’s high enough for me, thanks)
- Travel to China (and, in particular, see Pandas, the Great Wall and the Terracotta Warriors)
- Drive the Pacific Coast Highway (great big CHECK on this one already!)
- Do a Lord of the Rings tour in New Zealand where you get to visit Hobbiton and get taken to the locations they used for shooting
- Adopt a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel…or two (I may or may not already have their names picked out…)
- Meet the Duchess of Cambridge (I’ve been lucky enough to see her in person but a face to face interaction would be amazing!)
- Go to a Royal Garden Party at Buckingham Palace and meet The Queen
- Take (another) hot air balloon ride (only this time over Napa Valley properly)
- Learn Italian (and convince G to learn it too)
- Live abroad (another big CHECK on this one – nearly 4 years and counting!)
- Learn sign language (and convince G to learn it too)
- Travel to every single continent
- See the penguins in Antarctica
- See the Giant Redwoods in California (another big CHECK on this one!)
- Sleep in a Castle or Palace
- See whales in the wild (preferably jumping out of the water in graceful arcs)
- Reach people around the world with BlondeInGrey.com and have my platform grow to the point that I get the opportunity to work with the brands and people I most admire
I’ll admit, some of them are grandiose but I’m a determined person and I know that anything is possible if you put the effort in! And you know that you guys will be the first to hear about it as and when I check things off the list.
In the meantime, please do share any of your own bucket list items with me in the comments below or over on Twitter!